Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A change of mind

So I feel like I have been slaking on the whole gym thing, now that both of my work out buddies have moved away. I mean Jamie moved to Texas and Syd moved to daybreak, it might as well be Texas just kidding Syd. So I need new motivation to get my lazy butt to the gym.
I feel like I have been working out for the wrong reasons. I always just go to tone up a little here and lose a little fat there, and that never really works. I need to have a change of lifestyle. I really just have this need now, to make my life more balanced. I want to feel healthy and have more energy, I want some much needed me time, and going to the gym routinely will help with all these aspects in my life. So if anyone would like to join me in my new found motivation, let me know. Because we all know that going with a friend makes things a little easier.

12 comments:

chel wakley said...

Hi Marissa I found your blog through Caprice's. I would love to be your gym buddy. Do you go to Lifetime? Heather and I met up some times for the total conditioning class.

Rachael said...

I totally know what you mean Marissa! What gym do you go to? I go to 24 hour fitness (well have a membership, but it has been awhile since I've been there). I have been jogging with Ryan's cousin for the last month and a half and it is so helpful! Let me know where you go, maybe we can go together sometime.

Jamie said...

ah! i am so honored that you called me your work-out buddy! too bad i didn't last very long! haha. i swear if i didn't have a child or had a built in babysitter i would have been more reliable. miss you! good luck!

p.s. - i'll help motivate you from a far...i'll text you every day and see if you made it the gym :)

Anonymous said...

Um hello...I will go with you! Just not everyday...since my schedule sucks! Let me know when you go and I can try to come! Never see you anymore miss you!

Lindsey Walker said...

Is that you in the picture above, it looks like you. Anyway, I know what you mean, and have been trying to get my butt to the gym as well. And it is hard because the free gym in our apts has no air conditioning. Anyway, you look great! Oh and where did you get that white shirt you are wearing at the mini golfing? it is so cute!

The Bergesons said...

yay for blogging! I am so glad you guys have one and we can maybe stay more in touch, esp. when we leave for Dental School:) Ill add you to mine... bergesonfamily.blogspot.com
p.s. people go to the gym to look like you so I wouldn't worry... :) haha

Kristen and Garrett Halligan said...

I definitely need to go to the gym and would like to, but thatd require me to buy a gym pass... hmmm ;)

Kelly said...

I wish you lived down here. I totally need a gym buddy. I sometimes hate going by myself.

Jamie said...

hi...so...yes it is a new purse, and yes everyone AND THEIR DOG has a different version of it here, but i don't really care b/c i wanted it and it's the perfect size for all my 'sadie stuff'! AND i got it for 18.99 at sam moon (which is the most amazing store in the world) check it out at http://www.sammoon.com/web3/index.asp. seriously LOVE it! it's only a texas store though. anywho...it was warm here...i guess it still is, but it is rainy and gloomy. we are supposed to have flash flooding/a stay-in-your-house kind of storm this weekend...so that should be fun. hope all is well. miss ys tonz!!!!! (p.s.- i just wrote this on facebook, but for some reason it was being dumb and wouldn't work...so that's why i'm leaving you a novel here!)

Kali said...

Holy cow Marissa! It's time to update your blog. What have you been doing lately? I come home in a couple week and Kelly and I were saying we want to leave the babies home with their dad's and do something fun! Yippee!

Kelly said...

Marissa! UPDATE your blog! It's time.

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day! :)